Important Lukeion Dates and Times
Basic Lukeion Information:
- See our refund policy before you register for classes.
- All class times listed on our website and catalog are EASTERN time. Please adjust for your time zone
- Browse our classes online or view our 2019-2020 digital catalog
- Our courses meet live/synchronous weekly for one hour at the published schedule. Some courses include a series of additional recorded segments to be viewed before the live class meets.
- We offer a variety of summer workshops available live (June 10-13) or by recording (only available until August 23).
- All of our language classes are two semesters for each level. A is not offered in the spring. B is not offered in the autumn.
- Visit our Latin or Greek pages for placement exams if you plan to join mid-year (sorry, no mid-semester enrollment possible).
- Many of our subjects are offered in two, non-prerequisite parts: The Muse Series, The Myth Series, The Philosophy Series, and the Classical History Series. Lester's Logic Lounge requires the first semester to continue into the second.
- Audit status: students may attend and participate in live classes and discussion boards. They may have full access to readings. Auditors have no access to graded elements whatsoever.
- Follow our blog, The Sassy Peripatetic
2019-2020 Academic Year (summer, autumn, spring) will begin PUBLIC registration on March 1. We'll be populating and updating everything on the website throughout the month of February.
Lukeion Project 2019-2020 Academic Calendar
Aug 12 - last day to pay autumn semester course tuition without late fee, last day to drop autumn semester class and still receive 75% refund (requests in writing before 5 PM ET)
Aug 13 - late fee added to late registrations or late tuition payment for autumn semester courses, no refunds for autumn 2019 semester classes (tuition credit available for written withdrawal prior to August 31)
Aug. 16 - Autumn language class instruction information sent out to students
Aug. 19 - Autumn language classes (not Latin 1a) PSQ Review Exam opens
Aug 21 - Orientation sessions held online (also available by recording for those who can't attend live) - parents and students must both view orientations.
Aug 26 - all class instruction letters sent by email by this date. Notify your instructor IF (1) all tuitions are paid and (2) you have still not received your instruction letter by email.
Aug. 27-29 - autumn semester begins
Sep. 13-15 - staff development weekend, Lukeion offices closed (instructors are OFF GRID)
Nov. 23-Dec. 1 - Lukeion office closed for Thanksgiving Break (no live classes)
Dec. 10 - autumn semester ends for all (last day of final exams, last day of the semester)
Dec. 15 - FINAL day to register and pay for spring semester language classes for those who plan to participate in National Latin or National Greek Exams
Dec. 20 - autumn grade transcripts out unless instructors have notified you otherwise
Dec. 21-Jan. 5 - Lukeion office CLOSED
Jan 6 - last day to pay spring semester course tuition without late fee, last day to drop spring semester class and still receive 75% refund (requests in writing before 5 PM ET)
Jan 7 - late fee applied to all late registrations or late tuition payment for spring 2020 semester classes, no refunds for spring 2020 semester classes (tuition credit available for written withdrawal prior to January 25)
Jan 13 - PSQ opens for all language classes
Jan 20 - all class instruction letters sent by email by this date. Notify your instructor IF (1) all tuitions are paid and (2) you have still not received your instruction letter by email.
Jan 21-23 - spring semester begins
Feb 24 - National Greek Exam (paper)
Mar 1 - public registration opens for ALL summer 2020, autumn 2020, and spring 2021 courses ("2020-2021 Academic Year")
Mar 9 - National Latin Exam (online)
Mar 19-21 - Great Homeschool Convention in SC - visit the Lukeion booth!
Mar 20-29 Lukeion Spring Break 2020
Mar 26-28 - Great Homeschool Convention in MO - visit the Lukeion booth!
May 1-4 - final exams
May 4 - spring semester ends for all (last day of final exams, last day of the spring semester)
May 7-11 - Lukeion office closed
May 12 - AP Latin Exam 2020 - students find local testing location
May 23 - course grade transcripts sent to students on or before this date unless your instructor lets you know otherwise
May 18-31 Lukeion Family Tour of Spain
Jun 8-11 - Lukeion Summer Workshops
Autumn classes 2020 begin August 25-27